Did You Know?
Radium is one of 14 communities throughout British Columbia with the status of ‘Resort Municipality’. Because of this status, Radium receives separate funding through a program called Resort Municipality Initiative (RMI).
This funding is the result of a program created by the Province to support the expansion, development and improvements of resorts in British Columbia, to increase tourism, economic development and employment.
Currently there are Projects funded through the Resort Municipality Initiative Funding:
- Resort Polish – additional contracts and employment opportunities to focus on improving visitors’ first impressions – a concentration on cleanliness, additional flowers, trimmed lawns, removal of waste, litter and debris, and higher quality of maintenance services
- Adventure Radium Program – an opportunity to engage children in an organized, affordable day camp
- Concession Stand – Brent’s Shack (named after our former Councillor)
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment
- Events & Festivals
- Market on Main
- Music on Main
- Radium Days
- Classic Car Show
- Best of Brits Car Show
- Headbanger Trail Challenge
What is Additional Hotel Resort Tax (AHRT) Funding?
The additional hotel room tax program is intended to assist municipalities, regional districts and eligible entities in funding tourism marketing, programs and projects.
Local governments that receive voted support of the majority of local accommodation providers may pass a bylaw authorizing the tax and apply to the Province for approval. The tax is collected by the province on behalf of local governments.
Currently, approximately 50 communities throughout British Columbia apply the AHRT to fund community tourism marketing programs and projects.
Projects funded through the Additional Hotel Resort Tax Funding :
- Visitor Information Centre Marketing Administrator
- Visitor Information Centre Support Staffing
- Direct Contact marketing
- Tourism Promotion – Advertising
- Tourism Related Information – Brochures and Maps
- Trade Shows
- Familiarization Tours
- Billboard Advertising
- Tourism Related Web Presence
- Golf and Ski Promotions