Employment Opportunity with the Village of Radium Hot Springs - Utility Maintenance Operator
The Village of Radium Hot Springs is seeking a Utility Maintenance Operator. This is a wide spectrum position entailing a variety of tasks related to the construction, maintenance, operation and administration of municipal water and sewer utilities, roads, parklands and facilities, buildings and grounds, machinery and equipment, sidewalks, and infrastructure.
The job description, which includes the expected skills, education, and certifications, may be viewed by clicking here.
Applicants making sufficient progress towards obtaining the necessary certifications may also be considered, providing the individual is committed to acquiring the qualifications within a prescribed period of time.
This is a non-unionized position based on a 40 hour work week with the usual hours of work being 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., five days per week. This position will involve working during weekends, evenings and holidays when on assigned standby duty or during unusual circumstances. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
The deadline for receipt of applications will be April 1st, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. Only those applicants short listed will be contacted for an interview. Questions regarding the position may be directed to Ken McDonell, Public Works Superintendent: Ken [dot] McDonell [at] radiumhotsprings [dot] ca
Applications may be sent to the attention of Mark Read at:
The Village of Radium Hot Springs
Mark [dot] Read [at] radiumhotsprings [dot] ca
If you are seeking work in Radium or the Columbia Valley, here’s a few resources to help you out:
· Canfor (local lumber mill) - www.canfor.com/careers/current-opportunities
· East Kootenay Employment (WorkBC) - www.ekemployment.org/Kootenay_Columbia
One stop location for region employment services.
· Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce Job Postings - http://www.cvchamber.ca/job_posting/
Health Services and Schools are significant employers in the area:
· BC Provincial Health Services Authority - http://careers.phsa.ca/CareerCentre/CareerOpportunties/default.htm
· Rocky Mountain School District No. 6 - http://www.sd6.bc.ca/
· Canada Job Bank (www.jobbank.gc.ca) – the federal government’s directory of postings.
· Neuvoo (http://neuvoo.ca/en) - a jobs engine which pulls in jobs from a variety of sites into one location.
· Eluta (www.eluta.ca) - large job search engine.
· Monster (www.monster.ca) - one of North America’s premier job search sites, with many Calgary-Region specific positions available.
· JobServe (www.jobserve.ca) - thousands of positions searchable by role, skill, location, job type and industry.
· Simply Hired (www.simplyhired.ca) - a simple job search engine that scours thousands of job sites and companies for results.
· Workopolis (www.workopolis.com) - a job bank and career resource centre.
· WowJobs (www.wowjobs.ca) - large job search engine.
Radium Wonder-Land - Seeking “Owners,” “Homesteaders,” and Independent Entrepreneurs
To realize its vision of an authentic, connected, self-sufficient, beautiful, and environmentally-focused mountain resort community, we are looking for Independent Entrepreneurs (http://www.radiumhotsprings.ca/content/independent-entrepreneurs), those transitioning from PT to more FT Residency (http://www.radiumhotsprings.ca/content/full-time-residency), and those who wish to capitalize on Tourism Products and Services opportunities (http://www.radiumhotsprings.ca/content/tourism-infrastructure).